Our security responsibilities
We will ensure that:
- The data you give us will be safe. Encryption is used to protect the personal information you give us.
- Your data will be stored at a secure facility. Regular backups of data are performed to ensure it can be recovered in case of a disaster.
- All access to the system is logged. If any unauthorised behaviour should occur, this will assist us in identifying and resolving the issue.
Increasing your safety online
Protecting your computer
- Install and activate security software on your computer. Ensure your security software includes anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall and anti-spam filter.
- Run regular scans of your computer for viruses.
- Remember to update your security software to ensure you are always running the current version.
Other steps you should take help protect your computer include:
- Check your Internet browser's security settings for ways to make your browsing more secure.
- Do not open email attachments if you do not know the sender.
- Only download files from reputable Internet sites.
- Be wary when exchanging files with colleagues or friends.
- Never click on hyperlinks in emails received from unknown sources.
Protecting your password
- Never share your password with anyone
- Never send your password via email
- Make your password as strong as possible
You should report any suspicious or unauthorised activity relating to your use of atsb.gov.au by contacting us. This will help us make atsb.gov.au as secure as we can.