SafetyWatch is a set of broad safety concerns for the ATSB that have arisen from our investigation findings and from occurrence data reported to us by industry.
These priorities highlight safety issues more broadly with the aim of raise heightened awareness from industry and public, and to help guide ATSB decision-making on investigations.
Our six current SafetyWatch concerns comprise
- Improving the management of fatigue
- Reducing the collision risk around non-towered airports
- Reducing passenger injuries in commercial ballooning operations
- Improving risk management associated with change
- Encouraging the use of available technology to enhance safety
- Reducing the severity of injuries in accidents involving small aircraft
In developing these priorities, the ATSB applied the following criteria that they be:
- Relevant and timely
- Aligned to the ATSB's remit
Our SafetyWatch priorities also help inform ATSB Safety Study topics.