The Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin covers a range of the ATSB’s short investigations and highlights valuable safety lessons for pilots, operators and safety managers.
Released periodically, the Bulletin provides a summary of the less-complex factual investigation reports conducted by the ATSB. The results, based on information supplied by organisations or individuals involved in the occurrence, detail the facts behind the event, as well as any safety actions undertaken. The Bulletin also highlights important Safety Messages for the broader aviation community, drawing on earlier ATSB investigations and research.
Issue 39 of the Bulletin features 10 safety investigations:
- Loss of separation involving a Boeing 717, VH-NXL, and a vehicle
- Incorrect configuration involving an Airbus A320, VH-VFU
- Flight crew incapacitation involving a Reims Aviation F406, VH-EYQ
- Runway undershoot involving a Pilatus PC-12, VH-HIG
- Collision with terrain involving an Air Tractor AT-502B, VH-PTF
- Collision with terrain involving a Cessna 172, VH-ZZD
- Proximity event between a Robinson R44, VH-JKF and a Cessna 172, VH-EVR
- Aircraft proximity event between two Robinson R22s, VH-HQJ and VH-IAY, and an unknown aircraft
- Separation issue between a Robinson R44, VH-YDK, and a Bell 412, VH-EWA
- Forced landing and ground fire involving a Robinson R44, VH-YYS
|Type:||Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin|
|Publication date:||26 February 2015|