The Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin covers a range of the ATSB’s short investigations and highlights valuable safety lessons for pilots, operators and safety managers.
Released periodically, the Bulletin provides a summary of the less-complex factual investigation reports conducted by the ATSB. The results, based on information supplied by organisations or individuals involved in the occurrence, detail the facts behind the event, as well as any safety actions undertaken. The Bulletin also highlights important Safety Messages for the broader aviation community, drawing on earlier ATSB investigations and research.
Issue 22 of the Bulletin features 11 safety investigations:
- Left main landing gear collapse involving a Raytheon B200, VH-ZCO
- Aircraft proximity event between a Fairchild SA227, VH-HVH and an Aerospatiale AS.350, VH-JRJ
- Aircraft proximity event between two Cessna 172s, VH-EOE and VH-LWX
- Aircraft proximity event between a Piper PA-28, VH-TXH and a Cessna 172S, VH-EWX
- Operation below minimum safe altitude involving Aero Commander, VH-TQA
- TCAS warning between a Cessna 310R, VH-AEY and a Fokker F28-100, VH-FKJ
- Runway incursion involving a Piper PA-31, VH-KLS and a vehicle
- Total power loss involving a Mooney M20J, VH-NFP
- Aircraft proximity event between a Cessna 172, VH-WYG and a Cessna 185, VH-OZX
- Collision with terrain involving a Bell 412, VH-EMZ
- Aircraft proximity event between a Janus glider, VH-IZI and a McDonnell Douglas 500N, VH-KXS