The Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin covers a range of the ATSB’s short investigations and highlights valuable safety lessons for pilots, operators and safety managers.
Released periodically, the Bulletin provides a summary of the less-complex factual investigation reports conducted by the ATSB. The results, based on information supplied by organisations or individuals involved in the occurrence, detail the facts behind the event, as well as any safety actions undertaken. The Bulletin also highlights important Safety Messages for the broader aviation community, drawing on earlier ATSB investigations and research.
The Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin, Issue 16 features 10 safety investigations:
- TCAS advisory involving Bombardier DHC-8-315, VH-SBG
- Airspace related event involving Kingair, VH-VAH and Ag-Cat, VH-IFE
- Runway excursion involving Cessna 210N, VH-WPD
- Aircraft proximity event involving a Cessna 172S, VH-VMM and a Schweizer 269C-1, VH-FTR
- Collision with terrain involving Cessna 172N, VH-JGR
- Aircraft proximity event between two Piper PA-28 aircraft, VH-LXH and VH-TAU
- Runway excursion involving Cessna T210, VH-DQI
Unmanned aerial systems
|Type:||Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin|
|Series number:||Issue 16|
|Publication date:||21 March 2013|