The Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin covers a range of the ATSB’s short investigations and highlights valuable safety lessons for pilots, operators and safety managers.
Released periodically, the Bulletin provides a summary of the less-complex factual investigation reports conducted by the ATSB. The results, based on information supplied by organisations or individuals involved in the occurrence, detail the facts behind the event, as well as any safety actions undertaken. The Bulletin also highlights important Safety Messages for the broader aviation community, drawing on earlier ATSB investigations and research.
Issue 59 of the Bulletin features 10 safety investigations:
- Engine failure involving Airbus A320, VH-VFY
- Tail skid contact involving Boeing 777-312, 9V-SYG
- Loading related event involving Airbus A320, VH-VGI
- Aircraft loading event involving Boeing 737, ZK-TLK
- Engine shut down involving British Aerospace Jetstream 32, VH-OTQ
- Collision with terrain involving Air Tractor AT-401, VH-DDW
|Type:||Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin|
|Publication date:||27 April 2017|