The Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin covers a range of the ATSB’s short investigations and highlights valuable safety lessons for pilots, operators and safety managers.
Released periodically, the Bulletin provides a summary of the less-complex factual investigation reports conducted by the ATSB. The results, based on information supplied by organisations or individuals involved in the occurrence, detail the facts behind the event, as well as any safety actions undertaken. The Bulletin also highlights important Safety Messages for the broader aviation community, drawing on earlier ATSB investigations and research.
Issue 55 of the Bulletin features ten safety investigations:
- Engine shut down involving Boeing 787, VH-VKK
- Hydraulic leak involving Boeing 787, 9V-OFG
- Loading event involving Airbus A320, VH-VFN
- Loading event involving Avions de Transport Régional ATR42, VH-TOX
- Depressurisation event involving de Havilland DHC‑8, VH‑XFP
- Wirestrike involving Cessna 441, VH-NAX
- Wheels up landing involving Piper PA31, VH-ETW
- Engine failure and forced landing involving Jabiru SP500, 19-5503
|Type:||Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin|
|Publication date:||14 December 2016|