The Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin covers a range of the ATSB’s short investigations and highlights valuable safety lessons for pilots, operators and safety managers.
Released periodically, the Bulletin provides a summary of the less-complex factual investigation reports conducted by the ATSB. The results, based on information supplied by organisations or individuals involved in the occurrence, detail the facts behind the event, as well as any safety actions undertaken. The Bulletin also highlights important Safety Messages for the broader aviation community, drawing on earlier ATSB investigations and research.
Issue 51 of the Bulletin features ten safety investigations:
- Near collision involving SAAB 340, VH-ZLA, and Glaser-Dirks DG-800B glider, VH-IGC
- Near collision between Schempp-Hirth Janus glider, VH-GWQ, and Rolladen-Schneider LS3-A glider, VH‑CQP
- Near collision involving Glaser-Dirks DG-1000 glider, VH-NDQ, and Jabiru J170, 24-7750
- Near collision involving Pacific Aerospace CT4, VH-YCO, and Piper PA-28, VH-WJZ
- Near collision involving Piper PA-28, VH-BYE, and Cessna 152, VH-CRP
- Near collision involving Morgan Cheetah, 19-5456, and Grob G115, VH-ZTA
- Near collision involving Robinson R22, VH-MFH, and Lancair, VH-XCG
- Near collision involving Cessna 177, VH-OOJ, and Cessna 172, VH-VSO
- Near collision involving Robinson R22, VH‑JKH, and Cessna 182, VH‑YKM
- Near collision involving Piper PA-32, VH-NKA, and Cessna 210, VH-SQT
|Type:||Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin|
|Publication date:||8 September 2016|