The Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin covers a range of the ATSB’s short investigations and highlights valuable safety lessons for pilots, operators and safety managers.
Released periodically, the Bulletin provides a summary of the less-complex factual investigation reports conducted by the ATSB. The results, based on information supplied by organisations or individuals involved in the occurrence, detail the facts behind the event, as well as any safety actions undertaken. The Bulletin also highlights important Safety Messages for the broader aviation community, drawing on earlier ATSB investigations and research.
Issue 47 of the Bulletin features ten safety investigations:
- Collision with a vehicle, involving an Air Tractor AT-502B, VH‑FNX
- Collision with a pole involving an Air Tractor AT-502B, VH-PTF
- Flight crew incapacitation involving a SOCATA TBM 700, VH-YZZ
- Collision with coral reef involving a de Havilland Canada DHC-2, VH-AWI
- VFR into IMC involving a Piper PA28 aircraft, VH-TAU
- Low fuel event involving a Piper PA‑31P, VH-OGW
- Tail rotor strike of slung load involving a Eurocopter AS 350, VH‑NPS
- Wirestrike and collision with terrain involving a Robinson R44, VH-HXY
- Separation issue involving a de Havilland DH-82A (Tiger Moth), VH‑BJE and a Robinson R44, VH‑HOQ
- Separation issue between a Kavanagh Balloons E-300, VH-LPG, and freight train 4K26
|Type:||Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin|
|Publication date:||13 April 2016|