The Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin covers a range of the ATSB’s short investigations and highlights valuable safety lessons for pilots, operators and safety managers.
Released periodically, the Bulletin provides a summary of the less-complex factual investigation reports conducted by the ATSB. The results, based on information supplied by organisations or individuals involved in the occurrence, detail the facts behind the event, as well as any safety actions undertaken. The Bulletin also highlights important Safety Messages for the broader aviation community, drawing on earlier ATSB investigations and research.
Issue 25 of the Bulletin features 10 safety investigations:
- Runway event involving a Beech 1900C, VH-VNV
- Runway incursion between a Fairchild SA227, VH-UZP and a Bell 47G, VH-UTF
- Pilot incapacitation event involving a Cessna 210, VH-JMG
- Aircraft proximity event between a Cessna 172, VH-NUU and a Beech F33A, VH-ZBZ
- Wheels-up landing involving a Beech 95B55, VH-TLP
- Runway undershoot involving a Cessna 404, VH-HAZ
- Loss of control involving a Cessna 172, VH-IGS
- Mid-air collision involving a Cessna 152, VH-TNV and a Jabiru J160, 194430
- Collision with terrain involving a Robinson R44, VH-UGC
- Total power loss involving a Robinson R22, VH-STK