The Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin covers a range of the ATSB’s short investigations and highlights valuable safety lessons for pilots, operators and safety managers.
Released periodically, the Bulletin provides a summary of the less-complex factual investigation reports conducted by the ATSB. The results, based on information supplied by organisations or individuals involved in the occurrence, detail the facts behind the event, as well as any safety actions undertaken. The Bulletin also highlights important Safety Messages for the broader aviation community, drawing on earlier ATSB investigations and research.
Issue 40 of the Bulletin features 10 safety investigations:
- Wheels-up landing involving a Cessna 210, VH-MCE
- Wheels-up landing involving a Cessna 310, VH-TBE
- Near collision involving a Cessna 152, VH-NKL and a Starduster SA300, VH-XRS
- Wheels-up approach and go-around involving Piper PA-31-350, VH-TXK
- Taxiing collision involving a Cessna 172S, VH-EOT and a Cessna 172S, VH-EOP
- Collision after landing involving a Fletcher FU-24, VH-KXT and a Gippsland GA-200, VH-AGZ
- Collision with terrain involving a Liberty XL-2, VH-CZT
|Type:||Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin|
|Publication date:||22 April 2015|