Careers at the Australian Transport Safety Bureau
Working as “one team”, we have created an operational environment where our greatest resource – our people – will more effectively bring to bear their collective wealth of core skills and attributes to improve transport safety across the aviation, rail and marine transport sectors.
The ATSB's function is to improve safety and public confidence in the aviation, marine and rail modes of transport through excellence in:
- independent investigation of transport accidents and other safety occurrences;
- safety data recording, analysis and research; and
- fostering safety awareness, knowledge and action.
Should you require further assistance in terms of submitting your application, please contact our Recruitment Officer on 02 6122 1673 or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Current position vacant
|Title:||Senior Media Adviser|
|Classification:||Executive Level 1|
|Salary:||$102,228 – 112,845|
|Branch:||Transport Safety Division|
|Close date:||12 April 2020|
|Contact officer:||Paul Sadler on (02) 6122 1692|
About the position
The Communications Team provides communication and media management services to the ATSB, with a focus on amplifying transport safety messages to influence key stakeholders.
As the Senior Media Adviser, you will join a small team of communication specialists and take a leading role to ensure communication activities are effectively and efficiently delivered to support the strategic direction of the ATSB. Reporting to the Communications Manager, responsibilities include (and not limited to):
- supporting the investigation process through strategic media management, editorial support and publishing services
- proactive media management to build and maintain the reputation and reach of the agency as a world class transport safety investigator
- producing a range of high-quality communications products, including media releases, feature articles, speeches and social media content
- overseeing the delivery of high quality digital content, including video, animations and infographics, to effectively communicate the work of the agency
- developing and maintaining an effective working relationship with internal and external stakeholders
- strategic stakeholder management, including supporting staff attendance at industry events through the development of speeches and presentations
- supporting senior managers, Senior Executive, the Chief Commissioner, the Commission and ministerial staff with effective media management advice
- managing online communication channels, including the website and social media accounts
To be successful in this position, you will have demonstrated as least 15 years of experience in journalism and/or media management. A thorough understanding and in-depth knowledge of the aviation, rail and/or marine industries is highly desirable.
With an eye for detail, you will have strong writing skills with the proven ability to produce high quality comprehensible material on a range of technical and complex subject matter, while working in high-pressure environments with high workloads and tight timeframes. The role also requires excellent judgement, the ability to build effective relationships with a broad range of stakeholders.
Due to the operational nature of the work environment, the successful applicant will be required to be available outside of the bandwidth of 7am to 7pm.