Of the 35 level crossings at the intersection of passenger lines and public roads that were non‐compliant with the left‐hand viewing angle requirement:
- Nine (9) have been upgraded to active (4 Warrnambool, 3 Swan Hill and 2 Bairnsdale)
- One (1) has restricted access gates (Maryborough)
- Fifteen (15) are still passive with speed restrictions of no greater than 60km/h (1 on the Warrnambool line (scheduled for upgrade in 2019), 11 Swan Hill, 2 Shepparton and 1 Bairnsdale)
- Nine (9) are in service without speed restrictions. one will be closed on the loop line at Bungaree, 8 on the Swan Hill line have ALCAM road usage data of no more than 5 vehicles per day, with some impassable by trucks
- One has been reassessed as compliant with the standard.
V/Line has nominated a further 24 crossings for upgrade with priority given to non-compliant passive crossings above higher ALCAM ranked active crossings.