Transfield confirms that it has taken several proactive safety measures to increase oversight into road-rail vehicle operations, including in relation to non-compliance. These include but are not limited to the following measures.
- A Remote or Isolated Work Procedure.
- A Higher Duties Procedure.
- Introducing Tailored Leadership Training for leaders across the rail business.
- Workplace inspections across all Transfield rail sites on a monthly basis, with an emphasis on safety and compliance.
- Rail Safety Stand Downs - half day events at which rail safety issues and topics are presented to the workforce and other safety activities (i.e. training) are undertaken.
- Quarterly Compliance Certificate ("QCC") – a measure developed and implemented for use by the Transfield rail contract and project teams to ensure compliance, and support high quality and consistent internal reporting. The QCC record will provide a quarterly audit position, which is verified and signed off by the appropriate responsible personnel.
- Updated pre-start logbooks and instruction sheet.