The company has forwarded a safety bulletin to all of its managed ships highlighting the lessons that can be learnt from the incident.
These include the need to:
• re- fill all OBA oxygen cylinders ashore;
• clearly mark the word ‘oxygen’ in English on all OBA oxygen cylinders;
• post signs on all breathing apparatus compressors stating that they are only to be used to re-fill air breathing apparatus and emergency escape breathing device cylinders;
• seek approval from a responsible person prior to re-filling cylinders; and
• assign more than one crew member to the task of re-filling cylinders.