In response to these safety issues, the operator has enhanced its safety management system in respect of its data management.
These auditable enhancements include the:
• Introduction of a controlled system and designated manager to ensure the consistent notification by flight crew of identified data anomalies.
• Requirement for the immediate management of reported data anomalies and their notification to all flight crew.
• Establishment of an anomaly rectification process that records actions and notifies the data supplier.
• Requirement to validate any updated database notifications prior to their use.
• Acquittal of rectified data anomalies and their notification to flight crew.
The ATSB is satisfied that the action taken by Tiger Airways will adequately address these safety issues.