The Australian Rail Track Corporation has advised that it will reinforce its project management and audit processes, as outlined in its Project Management Procedure (PP 157), with its employees, in particular the requirement for:
- ongoing “spot” audits of the works by nominated Project Managers and Engineers
- ad hoc audits undertaken by an internal audit department
- formal close out process and handover to the respective maintenance representatives
- identification of any outstanding (punch list) items that may require follow up work
- review the documentation of the completed works.
Satisfactorially addressed by the ARTC