The Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin covers a range of the ATSB’s short investigations and highlights valuable safety lessons for pilots, operators and safety managers.
Released periodically, the Bulletin provides a summary of the less-complex factual investigation reports conducted by the ATSB. The results, based on information supplied by organisations or individuals involved in the occurrence, detail the facts behind the event, as well as any safety actions undertaken. The Bulletin also highlights important Safety Messages for the broader aviation community, drawing on earlier ATSB investigations and research.
Issue 58 of the Bulletin features 10 safety investigations:
- Severe turbulence involving Airbus A330, B-5921
- Loading related event involving Airbus A320, VH-VQC
- Runway incursion involving Fokker F28 MK 100, and vehicle
- Fumes event involving Bombardier DHC 8, VH SBB
- Near collision involving Hawker Beechcraft Corporation B300C, VH NAO, and a work safety officer
- Runway undershoot involving Fairchild SA226, VH-SSV
- Separation issue involving Bombardier DHC-8, VH-QOV, and Eurocopter MBB-BK 117, VH-EHQ
- Loss of separation involving Bombardier DHC-8, VH-LQG, and Boeing 777, ZK-OKF
|Type:||Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin|
|Publication date:||24 March 2017|