The Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin covers a range of the ATSB’s short investigations and highlights valuable safety lessons for pilots, operators and safety managers.
Released periodically, the Bulletin provides a summary of the less-complex factual investigation reports conducted by the ATSB. The results, based on information supplied by organisations or individuals involved in the occurrence, detail the facts behind the event, as well as any safety actions undertaken. The Bulletin also highlights important Safety Messages for the broader aviation community, drawing on earlier ATSB investigations and research.
Issue 46 of the Bulletin features ten safety investigations:
- Collision with terrain involving a Beech A36, VH-PAK
- Fuel exhaustion event involving a Cessna 182, VH-DNZ
- Fuel management issue, involving a PA-31-350, VH-HJH
- Wheels-up landing involving a Cessna 172RG, VH-HTP
- Flight path infringement involving a Cessna 172M, VH-EJM and a vehicle
- Partial engine failure involving a Gippsland Aeronautics GA-8, VH-FGN
- Aircraft control issue involving a Liberty XL-2, VH-CZS
|Type:||Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin|
|Publication date:||28 January 2016|