The Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin covers a range of the ATSB’s short investigations and highlights valuable safety lessons for pilots, operators and safety managers.
Released periodically, the Bulletin provides a summary of the less-complex factual investigation reports conducted by the ATSB. The results, based on information supplied by organisations or individuals involved in the occurrence, detail the facts behind the event, as well as any safety actions undertaken. The Bulletin also highlights important Safety Messages for the broader aviation community, drawing on earlier ATSB investigations and research.
Issue 45 of the Bulletin features 10 safety investigations:
- Stickshaker activation involving a Boeing 717 200, VH-NXM
- Loading event involving an Airbus A330, VH-QPJ
- Collisions with kangaroos involving a Fairchild SA227 (Metroliner), VH- HPE, and a King Air B200, VH-FDB
- Near collision between an Extra 300L, VH-KCF and a Robinson 44, VH-OLG
- Near collision involving a Cessna 172, VH-EOT, and a Jabiru J120, 24 5340
- Collision with terrain involving a Cirrus SR22, VH-OPX
- Partial power loss and forced landing involving a Cessna 172, VH-FPZ
- Near collision involving a Schweizer 269, VH-JXO, and a Military Lockheed AP-3C
- Loss of control involving a Robinson R44 helicopter, VH-ZWA
Remotely piloted aircraft systems
|Type:||Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin|
|Publication date:||22 December 2015|