The Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin covers a range of the ATSB’s short investigations and highlights valuable safety lessons for pilots, operators and safety managers.
Released periodically, the Bulletin provides a summary of the less-complex factual investigation reports conducted by the ATSB. The results, based on information supplied by organisations or individuals involved in the occurrence, detail the facts behind the event, as well as any safety actions undertaken. The Bulletin also highlights important Safety Messages for the broader aviation community, drawing on earlier ATSB investigations and research.
Issue 37 of the Bulletin features 9 safety investigations:
- Separation issue involving a Skyfox Aviation CA25N, 24-3265, and a Piper PA-28R, VH-WJO
- Collision during landing, involving a GA8 Gippsland Airvan, VH-XHV
- Loss of control involving a Robinson R44, VH-NUZ
- Collision with terrain involving a Robinson R44, VH-HLB
Hot air balloons
- Landing accident involving a Kavanagh Balloons D-84, VH-YPI
- Hard landing involving a Kavanagh Balloon, VH-CNX
|Type:||Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin|
|Publication date:||23 December 2014|