The Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin covers a range of the ATSB’s short investigations and highlights valuable safety lessons for pilots, operators and safety managers.
Released periodically, the Bulletin provides a summary of the less-complex factual investigation reports conducted by the ATSB. The results, based on information supplied by organisations or individuals involved in the occurrence, detail the facts behind the event, as well as any safety actions undertaken. The Bulletin also highlights important Safety Messages for the broader aviation community, drawing on earlier ATSB investigations and research.
Issue 35 of the Bulletin features 10 safety investigations:
- Flight envelope protection event involving an Airbus A320, VH-VFJ
- Aircraft cabin water leak event involving an Airbus A380, VH-OQD
- Loss of control during landing, involving a Diamond DA40, VH-CGT
- Fuel exhaustion involving a Piper PA-25, VH-SSO
- Ground collision with a refuelling vehicle, involving a Grob G-115, VH-ZYM
- Potential fuel exhaustion event involving a DHC Beaver, VH-AWI
- VFR into IMC involving a Cessna 206, VH-NCR
- Ground strike and loss of control involving a Robinson R22, VH-HAY
- Wirestrike involving a Robinson R66, VH-JRX
|Type:||Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin|
|Publication date:||15 October 2014|