The Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin covers a range of the ATSB’s short investigations and highlights valuable safety lessons for pilots, operators and safety managers.
Released periodically, the Bulletin provides a summary of the less-complex factual investigation reports conducted by the ATSB. The results, based on information supplied by organisations or individuals involved in the occurrence, detail the facts behind the event, as well as any safety actions undertaken. The Bulletin also highlights important Safety Messages for the broader aviation community, drawing on earlier ATSB investigations and research.
Issue 31 of the Bulletin features 10 safety investigations:
- Pre-flight planning event involving a Boeing 737, VH-VUC
- Flight envelope protection event involving an Airbus A320, VH VQY
- Incorrect configuration involving an Airbus A320, VH-VGT
- Runway excursion involving a Saab 340B, VH-ZRL
- Runway incursion involving an ATR 72, VH-FVI and a vehicle
- Engine power loss involving a SOCATA TB-10, VH-YTT
- Loss of control during initial climb, involving a Cessna 150, VH-RXM
- Collision with terrain involving a Cessna 210, VH-HGZ
- Weather-related event involving a Eurocopter AS350B3, VH-VTX
- Hard landing involving a Robinson R22, VH-YZO
|Type:||Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin|
|Publication date:||17 June 2014|