The Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin covers a range of the ATSB’s short investigations and highlights valuable safety lessons for pilots, operators and safety managers.
Released periodically, the Bulletin provides a summary of the less-complex factual investigation reports conducted by the ATSB. The results, based on information supplied by organisations or individuals involved in the occurrence, detail the facts behind the event, as well as any safety actions undertaken. The Bulletin also highlights important Safety Messages for the broader aviation community, drawing on earlier ATSB investigations and research.
Issue 27 of the Bulletin features 11 safety investigations:
- Aircraft separation issue involving an Ayres S2R, VH-WBK and an unmanned aerial vehicle
- Ground proximity event between Dornier DO228, VH-VJN and a vehicle
- Loss of ground control involving Air Tractor AT-502B, VH-FLH
- Ground proximity event involving a Cessna 208, VH-LNI and a vehicle
- Total power loss involving a Piper PA-28 161, VH-CCQ
- Incorrect configuration involving Beech A36, VH-YEN
- Hard landing involving a Rolladen-Schneider Flugzeugbau LS7-WL, VH-XJJ
- Hard landing involving a Cessna U206G, VH-UFT
- Collision with terrain involving a Grumman G 164A, VH-CCF
- Aircraft proximity event between a Piper PA-34, VH-FOE and a Piper PA-39, VH-MAB
|Type:||Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin|
|Publication date:||19 March 2014|