The Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin covers a range of the ATSB’s short investigations and highlights valuable safety lessons for pilots, operators and safety managers.
Released periodically, the Bulletin provides a summary of the less-complex factual investigation reports conducted by the ATSB. The results, based on information supplied by organisations or individuals involved in the occurrence, detail the facts behind the event, as well as any safety actions undertaken. The Bulletin also highlights important Safety Messages for the broader aviation community, drawing on earlier ATSB investigations and research.
Issue 26 of the Bulletin features 9 safety investigations:
- Loss of separation assurance between an Airbus A320, VH-VNQ and Boeing 737, VH-VZB
- Incorrect configuration involving Airbus A320, VH-FNP
- Flight planning related event involving an Airbus A330, VH-QPD
- Turbulence event involving a Boeing 767, VH-OGU
- Electrical system event involving a Cirrus SR22T, VH-LBQ
- Aircraft proximity event between a Piper PA-44, VH-CZH and a Mooney M20, VH-DJU
- Loss of control involving a Eurocopter EC-120B, VH-VMT
- Aircraft proximity event between a Bell 206, VH-WCS and a PZL Bielsko 51, VH-XOP
|Type:||Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin|
|Publication date:||25 February 2014|