The Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin covers a range of the ATSB’s short investigations and highlights valuable safety lessons for pilots, operators and safety managers.
Released periodically, the Bulletin provides a summary of the less-complex factual investigation reports conducted by the ATSB. The results, based on information supplied by organisations or individuals involved in the occurrence, detail the facts behind the event, as well as any safety actions undertaken. The Bulletin also highlights important Safety Messages for the broader aviation community, drawing on earlier ATSB investigations and research.
The investigations Issue 20 of the Bulletin features ten safety investigations:
- Landing gear separation involving Piper PA28, VH-JXR
- Wheels up landing involving Cessna 210M, VH-PBV
- Collision with terrain involving Grob G-115, VH-ZTM
- Aircraft proximity event between a Piper PA-44, VH-TYS and a Cessna 172S, VH-EUH
- Landing gear collapse involving Piper PA-30, VH-HPR
- Wheels up landing involving Piper PA-24-260, VH-DRB
- Weather related precautionary landing involving a Piper a PA-28, VH-MSG
|Type:||Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin|
|Publication date:||28 June 2013|