The Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin covers a range of the ATSB’s short investigations and highlights valuable safety lessons for pilots, operators and safety managers.
Released periodically, the Bulletin provides a summary of the less-complex factual investigation reports conducted by the ATSB. The results, based on information supplied by organisations or individuals involved in the occurrence, detail the facts behind the event, as well as any safety actions undertaken. The Bulletin also highlights important Safety Messages for the broader aviation community, drawing on earlier ATSB investigations and research.
The Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin, Issue 15 features nine safety investigations:
- Aircraft proximity event between Beech 1900, VH-EMK and Airparts FU-24, VH-HVP (AO-2012-134)
- Weather balloon event involving Bombardier DHC-8-400, VH-LQG (AO-2012-144)
- Runway excursion involving Piper PA-39, VH-MMN (AO-2012-145)
- Wheels up landing involving Beech A36, VH-SQI (AO-2012-151)
- Landing on a closed airstrip involving a Piper PA-28R, VH-HKZ (AO-2012-155)
- Ditching involving Robinson R44, VH-CYH (AO-2012-096)
- Power loss involving Robinson R44, VH-NWD (AO-2012-136)
- Hard landing involving Cabri G2 VH-CDU (AO-2012-140)
- Controlled flight into water involving Robinson R22, VH-HOA (AO-2012-146)
|Type:||Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin|
|Series number:||Issue 15|
|Publication date:||27 February 2013|