The Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin covers a range of the ATSB’s short investigations and highlights valuable safety lessons for pilots, operators and safety managers.
Released periodically, the Bulletin provides a summary of the less-complex factual investigation reports conducted by the ATSB. The results, based on information supplied by organisations or individuals involved in the occurrence, detail the facts behind the event, as well as any safety actions undertaken. The Bulletin also highlights important Safety Messages for the broader aviation community, drawing on earlier ATSB investigations and research.
The Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin, Issue 14 features 11 safety investigations:
- Propeller strike involving Fairchild SA227-DC, VH-WBQ (AO-2012-106)
- Depressurisation event involving a Metro 3, VH-SEF (AO-2012-127)
- Two aircraft proximity events at Ballarat airport (AO-2012-102)
- Inadvertent landing gear retraction involving Aero Commander, VH-YJS (AO-2012-110)
- Airspace related event between Cessna 172, VH-EPB and Piper Warrior, VH-BZE (AO-2012-111)
- Fuel starvation involving Piper Seneca, VH-BTW (AO-2012-112)
- Runway excursion involving Piper PA-28, VH-SFK (AO-2012-113)
- Engine failure involving Piper PA-32, VH-FAJ (AO-2012-125)
- Hard landing involving Cessna P206B, VH-EGG (AO-2012-135)
|Type:||Aviation Short Investigation Bulletin|
|Publication date:||20 December 2012|